Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at Samsung Electronics
- 7. Would you recommend Samsung Electronics to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to Samsung Electronics
Ensuring the Samsung troubleshooter is constantly updated and altered to be the best it can be for customers and support agents. Make sure products are built upon launch and ready to be supported - answer/update FAQs and assist agents with specific tips and tricks to help prevent service order creation. Help develop new software system to aid the product support team manage their time and work load.
I've developed some more technical skills especially within the IM division (mobiles, tablets etc.). However, due to the current climate I've been unable to get "stuck in" from a practical stand point as it's been mainly virtual.
I was given a fair amount of responsibility from very early. The whole troubleshooting cycle up until service orders is my job, it's a big task to manage on a day to day and can take up a lot of time analysing and looking at ways it can be improved.
Support & Guidance
A lot of support - my team is extremely willing to help! I was wary of coming into such a big company and whether I would be left to fend for myself but this was absolutely not the case.
This has been one of the best things for me. Being surrounded by extremely driven people who are always looking to improve and be the best.
I've enjoyed the experience as much as I can. It's hard to comment when I haven't been into office too many times, haven't been able to visit partners like I should have been. The experience of moving close to London has also been tarnished with everything being closed the majority of the time. But overall I've had a really good experience working at Samsung for a year considering the circumstances.
Enjoy the process of applying and make sure you have some form of work experience. This doesn't have to be corporate, it can be working in a shop for example. The only experience I had in a professional work environment was working in a warehouse. At the interview look to drive the standards and raise others up. But the actual interview was the most enjoyable for me, they make you feel at home!
Placement Year (10 Months+)