Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at Samsung Electronics
- 7. Would you recommend Samsung Electronics to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to Samsung Electronics
A placement role in Events and PR varies day-to-day. This role involves communicating closely with key stakeholders from across multiple product categories, PR managers across 17 European regions and HQ in Korea. This role also involves frequently presenting ideas to people across the business to achieve stakeholder buy-in. Organise meetings with external agencies and make decisions on the creative output of events and PR campaigns.
This role allows students to build their confidence through developing public speaking and presenting skills, in addition to written communication skills. I have also increase my proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly PowerPoint and Excel, which are transferable skills to use in other roles. My competencies in planning and organisation have improved due to the nature of this role.
Samsung placement students are given a great amount of responsibility, for example, I took a leading role in a flagship mobile media briefing event for European media within my first six months at Samsung. Since then, I have lead on several other projects and have the opportunity to make decisions which are fundamental to the success of a project.
Support & Guidance
Samsung prides itself on its network of support for placement students. All placement students are paired with a 'Grad Buddy' who has experience as a young person within the business. The onboarding induction process is thorough, and there is a team dedicated to the Samsung Emerging Talent. If you have any questions, there are always various people available to you to offer help.
Samsung is a Korean business, which is important to consider when applying. The Korean culture of the business is visible throughout the business, particularly in the work ethic. Samsung is an 'always-on' business, meaning you can expect lots of challenges in your role. However, there is also an emphasis on the 'work hard, play hard' ethic which means there are lots of rewarding days too.
I have loved my placement at Samsung, the company and the role suits me perfectly as I enjoy working hard and playing hard. My placement year at Samsung has been immensely challenging yet rewarding; I have developed skills which are transferrable into other roles and I have made networking connections which will greatly benefit me in my future career. This is truly a fantastic opportunity!
I would recommend researching the Samsung business and product portfolio before applying, as the business operates in many product categories. I would also encourage applicants to practice psychometric and numerical tests, as these will appear lots across the application process.
Placement Year (10 Months+)
Marketing, Public Relations