Supporting the marketing team with promotional items and marketing materials.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I loved my placement! I worked in the Supplies Marketing Department and I was made to feel part of the team pretty much straight away and everyone I met within the company were friendly and encouraging.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt incredibly valued while I was progressing throughout the year as I gained more responsibilities and I still meet with my colleagues for social gatherings even though I am not working their anymore.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was never bored on my placement! Always busy and I was happy to get stuck in.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
My responsibilities increased as I progressed within the year. I main responsibility was managing my own tasks and prioritising tasks as I always had a pretty large to do list, which was always changing with the increase in work that came into the department.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
My communication skills improved greatly as I was not only communicating with people in the office, but employees all over Europe by telephone, email and sometimes in person and communicating to people from different cultures was something that I had to learn. I was also in contact occasionally with customers and suppliers. Learning how to communicate to different types of people, internal and external to the organisation was something that I feel is a key skill that I developed greatly while on placement.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The office atmosphere was great! Hard working but friendly and fun too.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I not only had training on how to do my own job but I had training in lots of other departments within the organisation so that I could gain a better understanding of how the company works as a whole.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I would love to go back to work for Zebra Technologies!
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
I was the only placement student in the Preston office but when I traveled to Head Office in Bourne End where the other placement students were based we had the opportunity to spend time together after working hours, but this was difficult as I usually had to travel back to Preston.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I already live in Preston was I didn't have to relocate. Preston is a fairly reasonably priced place to live and socialising in the area is very good.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?