Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at Church & Dwight
- 7. Would you recommend Church & Dwight to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to Church & Dwight
My day to day tasks are never the same as this role offers variety! One moment I could be organising recruitment with a manager and then next moment I am writing letters to employees. This role allows you to expand your knowledge with the variety of tasks it provides. You get to talk to directors regularly and get to work on your own projects.
Church and Dwight put all their interns through a various training courses. I was fortunate enough to receive recruitment training and PPA training. The training also comes internally from the HR team who will support you every step of the way! The skills I have gained will not only help me professionally but will also help me personal and I can't thank the team enough for the support they have given me.
As the HR team is small at Church and Dwight, you are not treated as an intern, you are one of the team! You get to go round and work with other departments and understand more about the wider business. I have the freedom to do tasks at my own pace and I manage my own workload. There is never a moment where the responsibility could become too much as the team support you.
Support & Guidance
During my placement I got assigned a buddy who was always there for me if I needed her. I have regular meetings with my manager who supports me with every task I do. I cannot express how much support you get at Church and Dwight not only from your own team but other departments. They have support me personally and professionally.
The Company prides itself on a family style culture. The atmosphere at Church and Dwight is a friendly one where you feel you can be yourself. Due to Covid, there were not many social events, however this has not stopped me from gaining friends who I will stay in touch with after my placement has finished. The Company has allowed me to get involved in many charity and sustainability projects, including tree planting.
In one word, the Company and the people are AMAZING! You walk through the door and you feel welcome straight away. I cannot tell you how nice everyone is and how welcome they make you feel. The people have gone above and beyond my expectations especially the HR team I work with. If I had the opportunity to return I would! I will walk away from Church and Dwight with friends for life.
I would advise others to add a cover letter when making an application as this is what makes you stand out from the crowd! I know Church and Dwight is a small company compared to others you could get a placement with, but here you are treated as an employee not an intern. If you are successful at securing a placement with Church and Dwight, make sure you go in and enjoy everyday of it!
Placement Year (10 Months+)