- 1. Please give an overview of the insight and what was involved on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate the knowledge learned around industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate the knowledge learned around personal or professional skills during the experience?
- Please rate how the knowledge learned has helped you with regards to your career development
- 3. What was it like understanding all about the business and potential roles available?
- Please rate how insightful you found the insight
- How would you rate the structure of the insight
- How would you rate business leader involvement during the insight
- 4. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the networking opportunities?
- Please rate how valued you felt during your insight?
- 5. To what extent did you enjoy the insight?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on the insight
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at Nomura
- 7. Would you recommend Nomura to a friend?
- 8. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Nomura
Learnt the basics of how an Investment Bank functions and the necessary skills to succeed within the industry. There was an opportunity to network each day with those already working within the firm, in various divisions such as Investment Banking and Global Markets. There was also a chance to work on case studies.
Yes, there were sessions such as Excel Advanced, to help learn more about Excel and its various functions. There was also a presentation workshop, to help us improve on our communication skills. There was also a lesson on managing your personal brand on how to present yourself positively in the digital era.
We were given insights into various roles within Nomura by those already working in them. They gave an overview of their day to day tasks, how they ended up within the job; and helped answer any questions we had no matter how hard or relevant they were to their specific job.
It was a group of 40 students, which I enjoyed because it was great being able to meet almost all the people within the class, and a lot of like-minded people from different backgrounds and studies was only a positive. There was a wine tasting session at the end us a farewell which was enjoyable too.
I enjoyed the insight a lot, as it was a great way to meet new students as well as network with those already in Nomura.
Nomura is probably one of the friendliest banks I've applied to, and that only helps within the application process when you're doing interviews. Just make sure you know your stuff inside out and don't be hesitant to ask questions if you have any. Everyone is more than willing to help.
Insight / Vacation Scheme (< 4 Weeks)
Central London and City