Spring Intern at Rothschild & Co

Skills
Business Insight
Culture
Your Impressions

The Spring Insight Programme consisted of technical training, interactive webinars, case studies and networking sessions, all with a particular focus on Global Advisory and its different sectors. The knowledge we gained over the week was immediately applicable, as at the beginning of the week we received a project asking us to evaluate a potential M&A deal in groups of 6, which we would then present on the final day. Throughout the week we also received real insight into the culture of Rothschild & Co, learning about the company's history through the Family Archives and about the company's different initiatives to boost the wellbeing of its employees. We also became exposed to the other branches within Rothschild & Co, such as Wealth Management.

Overview

1. Please give an overview of the insight and what was involved on a day-to-day basis.

Throughout the week, we got a real feel for the culture of Rothschild &amp; Co by interacting with employees and learning about the company's history, but also a more robust understanding of Global Advisory. After a morning briefing, we would take part in different sessions, such as case studies, networking sessions, and webinars, and in the afternoons and evenings we would work on our projects where we had to evaluate a potential M&amp;A deal.

Skills

2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?

The programme helped me understand Global Advisory in more depth, and I feel like by having to evaluate the potential merger of two companies, I feel more confident in my knowledge of what companies look for when conducting M&amp;AS. I also feel that the programme enhanced my technical, networking and presentation skills.

How would you rate the training provided during your experience?

How would you rate the knowledge learned around industry-specific skills during the experience?

How would you rate the knowledge learned around personal or professional skills during the experience?

Please rate how the knowledge learned has helped you with regards to your career development

Business Insight

3. What was it like understanding all about the business and potential roles available?

It was highly insightful, and I now feel more confident in my next career steps. I feel like I gained a deeper insight into Rothschild & Co and have a more secure understanding of Global Advisory.

Please rate how insightful you found the insight

How would you rate the structure of the insight

How would you rate business leader involvement during the insight

Culture

4. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?

It was very friendly and one could really feel the family-owned nature of the company trickle into the company's culture. HR were highly supportive and very aware of employees' wellbeing. The general atmosphere was of being valued and heard.

How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?

How would you rate the networking opportunities?

Please rate how valued you felt during your insight?

Your Impressions

I very much enjoyed the Rothschild & Co Spring Insight Programme. It was great to get to know so many people, networking with both employees and other Spring Interns, learning about the company, its culture and Global Advisory, and gaining more technical knowledge.

Please rate your level of enjoyment on the insight

Please rate how your experience met your expectations

Please rate the future employment prospects at Rothschild & Co

7. Would you recommend Rothschild & Co to a friend?

8. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Rothschild & Co

The more you put into it, the more you get out of it. Don't be afraid to speak up as you will be listened to and network as much as you can.