Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at BSH
- 7. Would you recommend BSH to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to BSH
My main role is to assist the three category managers with their day to day work, keep product information up to date, doing market research and analysis.
I have learnt a lot since starting the placement. I have been trained to use different internal software. I was also provided additional training about public speaking, presenting, excel and power points.
Yes, a lot especially after the first few months, I was given the responsibility to carry out individual tasks and also had to do a lot of my managers work when she was really busy or off.
Support & Guidance
I always had people there for me if I needed them but since we were working from home I tend to work more independently.
Sadly I didn't get to experience the company culture and atmosphere in person as we all worked from home but whenever I had catch-ups with my manager and team, they always made me feel like a part of the team, get me involved in conversations, asked for my opinions and made me feel valued.
I really enjoyed it, although most of it was virtual. I was lucky to live in the company student housing and make great friends with other interns. The only thing that I didn't get out of this placement was to have real-life one to one relationships with my managers.
I had an amazing experience with the BSH and I couldn't recommend it more. I have developed so much personally and professionally since joining the company.
Placement Year (10 Months+)