- 1. Please give an overview of the insight and what was involved on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate the knowledge learned around industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate the knowledge learned around personal or professional skills during the experience?
- Please rate how the knowledge learned has helped you with regards to your career development
- 3. What was it like understanding all about the business and potential roles available?
- Please rate how insightful you found the insight
- How would you rate the structure of the insight
- How would you rate business leader involvement during the insight
- 4. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the networking opportunities?
- Please rate how valued you felt during your insight?
- 5. To what extent did you enjoy the insight?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on the insight
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at Nomura
- 7. Would you recommend Nomura to a friend?
- 8. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Nomura
A two week virtual internship due to covid 19. The first week involved general training on Investment Banking, Global Markets and other skills such as debating and excel. The second week each intern joined a desk in their chosen area and spent the week networking and working on a presentation that they gave to their team at the end of the week.
I have developed my presentation, communication and analytical skills whilst also broadening my knowledge of investment banking.
The programme gave great insight into what day to day life in an investment bank is like, despite not being able to go into the office. We were able to network with people throughout the bank and of different seniorities and so we could get as broad an understanding of the bank as we chose.
Everyone that I spoke to was welcoming and happy to talk to interns and give them insight into the bank. It seems that the bank cares about its people which was great to see.
I really enjoyed it as I was kept busy networking and researching for my presentation. It was also great to meet the other interns through the various socials and events that Nomura organised.
Do research on your division before you join in preparation for your interview
Insight / Vacation Scheme (< 4 Weeks)
Banking - Investment
Central London and City