- 1. Please give an overview of the insight and what was involved on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate the knowledge learned around industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate the knowledge learned around personal or professional skills during the experience?
- Please rate how the knowledge learned has helped you with regards to your career development
- 3. What was it like understanding all about the business and potential roles available?
- Please rate how insightful you found the insight
- How would you rate the structure of the insight
- How would you rate business leader involvement during the insight
- 4. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the networking opportunities?
- Please rate how valued you felt during your insight?
- 5. To what extent did you enjoy the insight?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on the insight
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at Nomura
- 7. Would you recommend Nomura to a friend?
- 8. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Nomura
The insight was two weeks. The first week was made up of various training activities. The training involved learning more about financial markets as well as giving the opportunity to work on presentation skills. The second week of the programme involved joining an allocated desk in the investment banking division. We were given topics to work on presentations for during our time on the desk and had the opportunity to network.
Yes, we worked on presentation skills during training with debate mate. Other skills such as a deeper knowledge of investment banking and excel skills were also taught and built upon in training with IBank.
The programme gave the opportunity to network with people across the entire investment banking division through panel sessions and networking events. This was the best way to gain an understanding of the roles which each of the divisions play. Spending time on an allocated desk also gave further insight into the day-to-day activities of the bankers.
The company appeared to have a flat and collaborative culture. During the week spent on the desk members of the team from all levels were keen to speak with me and answer all of my questions. What makes Nomura stand out from other investment banks is the entrepreneurial nature of the bank.
It was a great experience. What makes it unique to insights offered at other banks is the opportunity it gives you to join the desk and learn key skills first hand.
Be honest about what you want to get out of the experience. Speak to as many people as you can and ask lots of questions, everyone is more than happy to answer them.
Insight / Vacation Scheme (< 4 Weeks)
Banking - Investment