• Skills
  • Business Insight
  • Culture
  • Your Impressions

An 4-day internship which introduced students to various areas of UBS, including Global Banking, Global Markets, Asset Management, Group operations, Technology and etc.

Overview

• 1. Please give an overview of the insight and what was involved on a day-to-day basis.
  • There were speakers from various divisions sharing insight into their respective role and daily work. There were also interactive networking sessions that allowed students to talk to UBS employees in small groups.

Skills

• 2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
  • I developed some networking skills and more critically, I learnt how to ask relevant questions to the speakers after seeing how others are doing it. My overall understanding of the finance industry and various divisions within UBS has also been refined.

• How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
  • 5/5

• How would you rate the knowledge learned around industry-specific skills during the experience?
  • 5/5

• How would you rate the knowledge learned around personal or professional skills during the experience?
  • 5/5

• Please rate how the knowledge learned has helped you with regards to your career development

Business Insight

• 3. What was it like understanding all about the business and potential roles available?
  • It definitely provided me with a more holistic view of UBS and guided me to find the division that I wish to pursue a career in. In this way, I now understand the core 'business model' and operation style of each division, which would undoubtedly facilitate future conversations related to finance.

• Please rate how insightful you found the insight
  • 5/5

• How would you rate the structure of the insight
  • 5/5

• How would you rate business leader involvement during the insight

Culture

• 4. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
  • People at UBS are tremendously friendly and willing to offer help whenever they are able to. The company's culture puts a heavy emphasis on people, whether it's about its employees or people in need outside the company. The working culture appears to be highly collaborative and enjoyable.

• How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
  • 5/5

• How would you rate the networking opportunities?
  • 5/5

• Please rate how valued you felt during your insight?

Your Impressions

• 5. To what extent did you enjoy the insight?
  • This insight genuinely showed me how a company is able to uphold its cultures and core values and even be able to demonstrate these qualities in an online event. After attending this event, my interest in applying for a summer internship role at UBS has been reinforced and I truly wish that I could work there in the future.

• Please rate your level of enjoyment on the insight
  • 5/5

• Please rate how your experience met your expectations

• Please rate the future employment prospects at UBS
  • 5/5

• 7. Would you recommend UBS to a friend?

• 8. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to UBS
  • Prepare for the video interview by searching for all kinds of news/information related to UBS and think about how these things appeal to you particularly. You need to demonstrate a true passion for UBS and the position you're applying to. Also, practice many times before you actually complete the actual interview.

Banking/Finance