1st Year Workshop at Herbert Smith Freehills

Skills
Business Insight
Culture
Your Impressions

Insight scheme for students in their first year or second year of a 4 year degree.

Overview

1. Please give an overview of the insight and what was involved on a day-to-day basis.

Interactive workshop covering alternative dispute resolution. Insight into the different practice groups within HSF and pro bono work.

Skills

2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?

I have learnt more about the options to practise as a solicitor within commercial law. We were also given first-hand practice to apply our skills to an ADR workshop. This was also a good networking opportunity to meet professionals in the sector already and peers from other universities.

How would you rate the training provided during your experience?

How would you rate the knowledge learned around industry-specific skills during the experience?

How would you rate the knowledge learned around personal or professional skills during the experience?

Please rate how the knowledge learned has helped you with regards to your career development

Business Insight

3. What was it like understanding all about the business and potential roles available?

They were very informative and welcoming to non-law students. I definitely felt like they accommodated the variety of students at the event very well.

Please rate how insightful you found the insight

How would you rate the structure of the insight

How would you rate business leader involvement during the insight

Culture

4. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?

The whole team made an effort to include all the students in the workshop and networking events. There was a big emphasis on the working culture and how they want their employees to feel comfortable. They appreciate people have a life outside of work!

How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?

How would you rate the networking opportunities?

Please rate how valued you felt during your insight?

Your Impressions

I thought the whole experience was invaluable, especially considering I am a non-law student, the level of knowledge was at the right level so I didn't feel alienated. I am definitely applying for the VS and ultimately TC. I think it is a great place to work.

Please rate your level of enjoyment on the insight

Please rate how your experience met your expectations

Please rate the future employment prospects at Herbert Smith Freehills

7. Would you recommend Herbert Smith Freehills to a friend?

8. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Herbert Smith Freehills

Make sure you tailor your application to HSF specifically so they can really appreciate the research that has gone into your answers.