• Skills
  • Business Insight
  • Culture
  • Your Impressions

During the week I had the opportunity to learn more about our financial departments and the essential business functions that support the business. This is an ideal opportunity to experience investment banking first hand and find out if it is an industry you would like to work in. Credit Suisse is an entrepreneurial company and, as such, has designed this program as an opportunity to learn as much as possible in a short period of time. It is also an opportunity for you to consider your career in financial services through your exposure to our lines of business, peers and senior leadership.

Overview

• 1. Please give an overview of the insight and what was involved on a day-to-day basis.
  • We had a chance to get very good hands on experience of the main tasks for the divisions we were looking into, as well as extremely useful networking opportunities. We met both entry-level and seniors at the firm. The team worked very hard two provide us with a truly immersive experience despite not being an in-person event this year.

Skills

• 2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
  • The week really honed my understanding of how the financial industry works, with a special focus on investment banking and sales and trading. I developed skills in accounting, market awareness and teamwork. It was a great opportunity to further develop my presentation and problem thinking skills through the various activities.

• How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
  • 5/5

• How would you rate the knowledge learned around industry-specific skills during the experience?
  • 5/5

• How would you rate the knowledge learned around personal or professional skills during the experience?
  • 5/5

• Please rate how the knowledge learned has helped you with regards to your career development

Business Insight

• 3. What was it like understanding all about the business and potential roles available?
  • The program gave us very good opportunities to interact with employees from all levels and develop a good understanding of the work at the bank and what success means to them.

• Please rate how insightful you found the insight
  • 5/5

• How would you rate the structure of the insight
  • 5/5

• How would you rate business leader involvement during the insight

Culture

• 4. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
  • Very opening and welcoming. I felt a true sense of involvement in the corporate affairs and felt that they wanted to invest on us (Learning and development).

• How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
  • 5/5

• How would you rate the networking opportunities?
  • 5/5

• Please rate how valued you felt during your insight?

Your Impressions

• 5. To what extent did you enjoy the insight?
  • As someone coming from a non-finance background I found it extremely useful to gain a good understanding of the industry and its mechanics. We had the opportunity to engage in very well prepared activities as well as fantastic networking opportunities.

• Please rate your level of enjoyment on the insight
  • 5/5

• Please rate how your experience met your expectations

• Please rate the future employment prospects at Credit Suisse
  • 5/5

• 7. Would you recommend Credit Suisse to a friend?

• 8. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Credit Suisse
  • Make sure you research the company in some detail, especially the areas covered by the spring program. Make sure you also have your motivations for applying clear. Some level of commercial awareness is expected from you at the interview stage.

Banking - Investment