Spring Insight Programme participant at Credit Suisse

Skills
Business Insight
Culture
Your Impressions

Participated in a 4-day insight programme, having the opportunity to network with a variety of different members of the bank and partake in a range of simulations and case studies.

Overview

1. Please give an overview of the insight and what was involved on a day-to-day basis.

We had many opportunities on a daily basis to network with members of the bank, varying from analysts to senior management, and ask any questions we may have had about their roles and experiences working at Credit Suisse. Many simulations and case studies were incorporated throughout the programme, allowing us a chance to experience the many divisions of the bank and get a better idea as to what sectors we enjoy and where our skill-sets would truly flourish.

Skills

2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?

I have been able to develop my analytical and communication skills through the IPO simulation, by pitching our allocated companies to prospective investors. Here, it was essential to understand the finances of the company and present these in a convincing and structured method. We were also able to develop our multi-tasking skills through the Sales and Trading simulation due to the volatile nature of the markets. My networking skills have flourished throughout the programme, both networking with members of the bank and also like-minded future bankers looking to make the most of the Spring Week!

How would you rate the training provided during your experience?

How would you rate the knowledge learned around industry-specific skills during the experience?

How would you rate the knowledge learned around personal or professional skills during the experience?

Please rate how the knowledge learned has helped you with regards to your career development

Business Insight

3. What was it like understanding all about the business and potential roles available?

It was very easy to understand the potential roles available at Credit Suisse. Not only did we have the opportunity to speak to many representatives of teams and sectors of the bank, we were also encouraged to ask any questions we may have had. The welcoming nature of the Insight Programme made it very easy to do so and all the members of HR went out of their way to help us with any concerns or questions, making the week a very enjoyable process.

Please rate how insightful you found the insight

How would you rate the structure of the insight

How would you rate business leader involvement during the insight

Culture

4. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?

The atmosphere was great. It is very clear to see everyone at the bank enjoys what they do and are welcomed to continue developing their successes. Diversity and sustainability are key focuses within the bank, and during the week we were able to hear from many different employees that are involved in the Women's network, BAME, LGBTQ+ and many more. They spoke of the inclusive culture, where diversity is encouraged and is considered to be at the forefront for success of Credit Suisse.

How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?

How would you rate the networking opportunities?

Please rate how valued you felt during your insight?

Your Impressions

I truly enjoyed the insight week. Though I was a little skeptical about how an online Spring Week would run, I have been blown away at how much effort has been put into ensuring we gain all the knowledge we would in an in-person event. I think this has been an incredible indicator of the efforts Credit Suisse puts into supporting their clients and employees. HR has done a great job welcoming us into the bank and supporting us through our journey at Credit Suisse.

Please rate your level of enjoyment on the insight

Please rate how your experience met your expectations

Please rate the future employment prospects at Credit Suisse

7. Would you recommend Credit Suisse to a friend?

8. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Credit Suisse

Don't worry if you are not from a finance background and use the week as an opportunity to really learn about the culture and expectations of Credit Suisse. In regards to the interviews, be relaxed and be yourself (also try not to act as though you understand what you don't, the whole purpose of the Spring is for you to ask and learn!). Learn about and the goals and principles of Credit Suisse and maybe read a little about some deals they have performed recently. Kindness and good etiquette goes a long way!