4.9/5
    4.8
  • Business Insight
  • Culture
  • Your Impressions

Was given an insight into all the divisions and business areas at CS over the course of the week.

Overview

• 1. Please give an overview of the insight and what was involved on a day-to-day basis.
  • From the start we were given a clear, in-depth insight into CS. We had a number of different workshops and simulations to help develop our knowledge, and also an opportunity to talk to senior business members and ask the questions about their role. The campus recruitment team were very helpful and provided a clear explanation of what was expected of us. We were given plenty of work to keep us busy and there was not a dull moment

Skills

• 2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
  • Learning how traders cover risk and axe prices to help do this has to be the skill I value the most. I have a desire to be a trader and so there was no better training in a particular skill that I could have asked for! I also developed my presentation skills. There was a few opportunities to present to the group, which I feel as though were very helpful in both expanding industry knowledge and boosting confidence in talking about technical information.

• How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
  • 5/5

• How would you rate the knowledge learned around industry-specific skills during the experience?
  • 4/5

• How would you rate the knowledge learned around personal or professional skills during the experience?
  • 5/5

• Please rate how the knowledge learned has helped you with regards to your career development

Business Insight

• 3. What was it like understanding all about the business and potential roles available?
  • At first it was a lot to take in, but it was delivered in an easy to digest fashion. A clear breakdown was provided and it was quickly established what was and what wasn't for me. The best way to see what was for you was by talking to the people who lead teams and people who had been in our shoes only a few years ago. It was clear to me that CM&A was not for me but S&T was.

• Please rate how insightful you found the insight
  • 5/5

• How would you rate the structure of the insight
  • 5/5

• How would you rate business leader involvement during the insight

Culture

• 4. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
  • It was very welcoming and friendly. I felt comfortable asking questions at all points, and was never ignored or shunned. Upon joining Credit Suisse I read all about their core values. These values really were at the forefront of their work whether it be ESG and investment strategy surrounding it, or just as simple as the support network provided to help both colleagues and clients. The stereo type of banks being ruthless places was not shown here.

• How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
  • 5/5

• How would you rate the networking opportunities?
  • 5/5

• Please rate how valued you felt during your insight?

Your Impressions

• 5. To what extent did you enjoy the insight?
  • I really enjoyed meeting the other candidates, networking with business members and learning! The event I most enjoyed was the amplify trading simulation. We were taught how market makers price their securities and also taught how hedge funds communicate with sales traders on a daily basis. Creating and presenting stock pitches was also a highlight; and that was not something that I envisioned enjoying. The only thing I did not love so much was the IPO simulation, but that is just down to preference.

• Please rate your level of enjoyment on the insight
  • 5/5

• Please rate how your experience met your expectations

• Please rate the future employment prospects at Credit Suisse
  • 5/5

• 7. Would you recommend Credit Suisse to a friend?

• 8. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Credit Suisse
  • Don't be afraid to let your personality shine, they want to see you for you and want to make sure that you will fit in both intellectually and culturally. When interviewing there was a huge emphasis on how you perform when talking about markets, but not so much technicals. As spring analysts it is not expected for you to know how to do the job right from the start, but it is expected of you to have a keen interest and to proactively study the sector.

Banking - Investment