• Skills
  • Business Insight
  • Culture
  • Your Impressions

This spring week is designed for students interested in finance to find out more about the different divisions of Credit Suisse and how they operate. It provides a great insight into the firm and offers PLENTY of opportunity to network with analysts, associates, VPs, directors, and MDs within their respective divisions in order to learn more about what they do.

Overview

• 1. Please give an overview of the insight and what was involved on a day-to-day basis.
  • The insights into the different divisions of the bank were nothing short of brilliant. It provided clarity into exactly what security research, capital markets & advisory, and sales & trading are and how they differ from one another. Mornings usually involved welcomes and presentations from senior bankers about their respective divisions and their individual career paths. Plenty of time was provided at the end of these sessions for Q&A. The afternoons usually involved very interactive simulations or further presentations with time for Q&A.

Skills

• 2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
  • I've learnt far more about the basics of investment banking and the financial services sector in general than I knew before the week. I've greatly developed my networking skills by being provided with ample opportunity to ask bankers (at all levels) questions and probe into why they chose banking and Credit Suisse.

• How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
  • 5/5

• How would you rate the knowledge learned around industry-specific skills during the experience?
  • 5/5

• How would you rate the knowledge learned around personal or professional skills during the experience?
  • 5/5

• Please rate how the knowledge learned has helped you with regards to your career development

Business Insight

• 3. What was it like understanding all about the business and potential roles available?
  • It was incredibly insightful (fulfils the name of the program) and provided me with clarity. I am much more aware of which division/s I prefer and why and this will help me going forward in my career.

• Please rate how insightful you found the insight
  • 5/5

• How would you rate the structure of the insight
  • 5/5

• How would you rate business leader involvement during the insight

Culture

• 4. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
  • The company culture was incredibly vibrant, friendly, and warm. We were encouraged to ask as many questions as we wanted and no questions were seen as stupid. Credit Suisse made time for bankers at various levels to give us their perspectives on the culture and there was even a chance to speak with the COO of EMEA IBCM, Elodie Blanc.

• How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
  • 5/5

• How would you rate the networking opportunities?
  • 5/5

• Please rate how valued you felt during your insight?

Your Impressions

• 5. To what extent did you enjoy the insight?
  • I very much enjoyed the insight and I learnt far more than I can fit into this text box. I felt very valued during the program and I believe it speaks volumes about Credit Suisse as a firm.

• Please rate your level of enjoyment on the insight
  • 5/5

• Please rate how your experience met your expectations

• Please rate the future employment prospects at Credit Suisse
  • 5/5

• 7. Would you recommend Credit Suisse to a friend?

• 8. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Credit Suisse
  • Network, network and network! You'll hear that word so much but it has a strong purpose. Speak to anyone that is in the position that you aspire to and ask them questions about their role to gain and insight. I'd highly encourage being prepared to talk about any experiences on your CV and exactly what you learnt from them. Not all previous experience has to be finance-related.

Banking - Investment