3.8/5
  • Culture
    3.3
  • Your Impressions
    4.0

4 day programme in which we learnt about the different divisions, participated in educational events, and networked with individuals in the bank.

Overview

• 1. Please give an overview of the insight and what was involved on a day-to-day basis.
  • Each day started with a preparation briefing with speakers who presented on their division and experience at Credit Suisse. We would then attend an amplify session, which included an educational talk on the mechanics of banking, a trading simulation, and a mock IPO. Then we would ask questions and there were networking sessions held in zoom breakout rooms which could either be pre-allocated or where we could enter and leave rooms as we wished to speak to specific people.

Skills

• 2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
  • Yes, I have learnt how to work better within a team for the stock pitch and IPO process and how to effectively allocate tasks within a group. I also learnt which questions to ask and what engaged speakers. Find the right tone for each employee was useful to know how to approach them and what sort of things they would tell you, such as perhaps some downsides to their team culture. In short, it was useful.

• How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
  • 3/5

• How would you rate the knowledge learned around industry-specific skills during the experience?
  • 4/5

• How would you rate the knowledge learned around personal or professional skills during the experience?
  • 4/5

• Please rate how the knowledge learned has helped you with regards to your career development

Business Insight

• 3. What was it like understanding all about the business and potential roles available?
  • It was enjoyable as these were questions I really needed the answers to, and trying to figure out which business division I was most suite for was my priority. It was a good pace too, as I was writing the information down. Being able to hear people's perspectives about their roles and the energy in which they described them shed light to what kind of enthusiasm each team required and the culture they set.

• Please rate how insightful you found the insight
  • 4/5

• How would you rate the structure of the insight
  • 4/5

• How would you rate business leader involvement during the insight
  • 5/5

Culture

• 4. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
  • The company culture was very friendly and supportive, however also determined and driven. The seniors seemed to set the culture for individual teams and as to what they expected from their subordinates, and some teams seemed to get along better than others but there is a general feeling of pride which is good to experience. Sometimes, a speaker demonstrated a more relaxed tone and were more supportive of connections and some were output driven.

• How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
  • 3/5

• How would you rate the networking opportunities?
  • 4/5

• Please rate how valued you felt during your insight?

Your Impressions

• 5. To what extent did you enjoy the insight?
  • It was enjoyable to learn, often it was difficult to interact however as there were perhaps too many students to one room but I understand the feasibility is difficult as these sort of interactions work better in person. I enjoyed speaking to seniors and analysts most of all, as I was a little confused and needed direction before the even tot best continue my drive and path in finance. It had a good level of intensity.

• Please rate your level of enjoyment on the insight
  • 4/5

• Please rate how your experience met your expectations

• Please rate the future employment prospects at Credit Suisse
  • 4/5

• 7. Would you recommend Credit Suisse to a friend?

• 8. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Credit Suisse
  • Make sure to understand the culture as it is unique compared to other investment banks particularly the US ones. I would also say to network to the best of your ability to have a better sense of if you fit instead of trying to mould yourself to fit the firm and make sure to be the real you when applying. Other things would be to not make any grammar mistakes on the application and double check it

Banking - Investment