Spring Intern at Credit Suisse

Business Insight
Culture
Your Impressions
4.7

The 2021 Virtual Investment Banking Capital Markets & Advisory, Sales & Trading and Equity Research Spring Insight Programme is designed for undergraduate students to get an insight into the different divisions and culture of Credit Suisse

Overview

1. Please give an overview of the insight and what was involved on a day-to-day basis.

Many seminars and networking sessions with representatives of the divisions of Sales and Trading, Securities Research and Capital Markets & Advisory. Also included simulations of Investment Banking and IPO by Amplify Trading, as well as a short course on Mechanics of Banking with Alpha Development.

Skills

2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?

The spring programme definitely gave me a better insight into what the divisions of the bank consist of and which ones are more suited to me. I developed great analytical and communication skills in the simulation of Investment Bank by Amplify and in the networking sessions of CM&A, especially of Debt Capital Markets.

How would you rate the training provided during your experience?

How would you rate the knowledge learned around industry-specific skills during the experience?

How would you rate the knowledge learned around personal or professional skills during the experience?

Please rate how the knowledge learned has helped you with regards to your career development

Business Insight

3. What was it like understanding all about the business and potential roles available?

The financial industry and the possible career paths can be quite complex for an undergraduate in the beginning of his/her studies. The CS Spring Insight Programme definitely contributed to my understanding of the industry, as well as what careers are possible.

Please rate how insightful you found the insight

How would you rate the structure of the insight

How would you rate business leader involvement during the insight

Culture

4. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?

The atmosphere was very friendly and inspiring! We could understand how Credit Suisse really values entrepreneurship, communication skills and people that take risks and challenges!

How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?

How would you rate the networking opportunities?

Please rate how valued you felt during your insight?

Your Impressions

The insight was definitely an amazing experience which I enjoyed very much. It gave me the kind of knowledge that I don't have access to while at uni. The only thing I didn't like too much was that it was virtual and very difficult to ask questions as every spring intern would raise their hand on Zoom before the panelist even opened for questions.

Please rate your level of enjoyment on the insight

Please rate how your experience met your expectations

Please rate the future employment prospects at Credit Suisse

7. Would you recommend Credit Suisse to a friend?

8. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Credit Suisse

Be yourself in the Spring interviews! I was very relaxed and it was actually enjoyable answering the questions! During the programme reach out to your peers and also business representatives.