2021 Virtual Insight Programme at DLA Piper

Business Insight
4.3
Culture
Your Impressions

3 days of virtual workshops and seminars in order to get a glimpse of what life is like for lawyers at DLA Piper.

Overview

1. Please give an overview of the virtual experience and what was involved on a day-to-day basis.

I attended daily seminars and workshops. The purpose of this was to get a glimpse of what life is like for lawyers at DLA Piper. Many of the talks were very useful, e.g. "how to create a good CV". Very positive experience overall.

Skills

2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?

I have networked with a lot of great new people, including both staff at DLA Piper and my peers from the UK and Ireland. My understanding of what corporate law firms do on a daily basis, and their culture, has also improved thanks to the programme.

How would you rate the training provided during your experience?

How would you rate the knowledge learned around industry-specific skills during the experience?

How would you rate the knowledge learned around personal or professional skills during the experience?

Please rate how the knowledge learned has helped you with regards to your career development

Business Insight

3. What was it like understanding all about the business and potential roles available?

Very insightful, and I feel like my understanding has improved thanks to the programme.

Please rate how insightful you found the virtual experience

How would you rate the structure of the virtual experience

How would you rate business leader involvement during the virtual experience

Culture

4. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?

Very open and collaborative, but also very professional and demanding of excellence.

How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?

How would you rate the networking opportunities?

Please rate how valued you felt during your virtual experience?

Your Impressions

5. To what extent did you enjoy the virtual experience?

It was excellent.

Please rate your level of enjoyment on the virtual experience

Please rate how your experience met your expectations

Please rate the future employment prospects at DLA Piper

7. Would you recommend DLA Piper to a friend?

8. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to DLA Piper

Don't be intimidated, everybody is really friendly.