SSC Industrial Placement at BDO

4.5/5

4.6
4.5
4.5

I thoroughly enjoyed my placement year at BDO. My job role was very similar to the degree I am studying. I was able to gain valuable experience that will help me in both my degree and later working life.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 7 roles at BDO

All the staff at BDO were very warming and helped me settle in quickly. I was assigned a 'buddy' partner who I was able to speak to at any point of the day if I was stuck. They helped me settle in really quickly.

At the beginning of the placement I was given the full support of the management staff. I knew they were always available for a call if I needed I also had monthly reviews with my line manager to help will any problems I was having.

The accounts hub was always thriving and new work was constantly being assigned to me.

I was able to help complete group accounts and given responsibility to ensure that work was submitted to the quality standard BDO expects and in the time frame BDO expects.

The skills I have acquired during my time at BDO will be invaluable when I return to university

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 7 roles at BDO

The office was a good place to work. You could always concentrate on work if necessary but it was also a place where you could have a chat if needed.

It was a great placement to be apart of. The setup was very professional from start to finish

I was able to apply to various courses to help my development whilst at BDO, such as extra Excel training

My experience at BDO will definitely help my employability chances when apply to graduate roles

All placement students were able to get to know each other before we started which helped us all settle in

I lived at home during my placement year

N/A

There was after work football that was available which I took advantage of.