Global Markets analyst at Royal Bank of Canada

Royal Bank of Canada is a Top Employer

3.9/5

4.1
3.6

1. To what extent did you enjoy the virtual experience?

I throughly enjoyed my experience. I thought it was very engaging and informative.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at Royal Bank of Canada

I felt very valued. My team contacted me everyday over Web Ex, face to face. They were interested in my background and my experiences and any ideas I had. They showed an interest into my ideas.

3. How much guidance/support did you receive during the virtual experience?

I received a lot of support both from HR and my team. There was always a younger analyst or graduate who was there to help with tasks and to talk to.

I learnt excel, Bloomberg and enhanced my powerpoint skills. They are valuable skills that I know will help me in the future.

5. How well structured was the virtual experience?

The experience was very well structured, with 3 weeks consisting of soft skills training. 4 weeks of online trading and 3 weeks desk based work and rotations.

6. How was the general atmosphere during your virtual experience?

The atmosphere, although virtual was very friendly, open and inclusive. I felt very welcomed and supported.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at Royal Bank of Canada

They invested lots into me through excel courses, financial training courses and Bloomberg teach in sessions.

8. To what extent did the virtual experience help you to understand what it would be like to have a full time role with the company or firm?

I was given tasks that colleagues would usually do, helping gain an in depth insight into what it would be like to work there.

9. How much did the virtual experience help you in understanding the company culture?

The company culture came through straight away. We were not only taught about the values, we saw them in practice through talks from MD's and through informal chats with colleagues.

Very valuable, as I learnt many skills and knowledge that is helpful for daily life and also to apply to other jobs and scenarios.

Yes I was paid for the experience.

Yes this was a significant part of the internship. We networked regularly over Webex. All the employees were very fast to respond and open to talk

Due to the virtual nature there weren't any social opportunities.

Yes there were lots of charity events and employee resource groups that you could get involved in.

15. Would you recommend this virtual experience to a friend?

Yes definitely. I learnt so much, made some incredible connections and friends and really enjoyed the experience.