7. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
There was very little training and personal development. Vast majority of time was spent simply listening to different people talk about life at BDO.
8. To what extent did the virtual experience help you to understand what it would be like to have a full time role with the company or firm?
This was done quite well, in fact, in my opinion too much time was spent on this aspect, taking away from potential training opportunities.
9. How much did the virtual experience help you in understanding the company culture?
Culture was presented well.
10. How valuable was the content in helping you to decide on your future career path?
In between valuable and useless. Very little content on the actual practicalities of day-to-day work, barely any skill training, content was more focused on presenting the wider company and corporate culture.
11. Were you paid or reimbursed adequately for this experience?
I was paid a fair amount.
12. Were there opportunities for networking and meeting other employees of the company or firm?
The opportunity was there although limited due to the distanced nature of the experience.
13. How were the networking/ social event opportunities?
14. Did you find out about activities that employees can get involved in outside of work?
15. Would you recommend this virtual experience to a friend?
I would not recommend this experience for most people due to the lack of any real training.
Imagine yourself working at BDO
RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 7 roles at BDO