Corporate Tax intern at The Walt Disney Company

The Walt Disney Company is a Top Employer

4.5/5

4.7
4.8

I was apart of the corporate tax office of the whole of Walt Disney emea. I produced VAT returns, tax returns, distance selling reports, and intrastat reports.

It was a very in depth experience. I was taught how to do major reports for the company and was treated with respect and maturity just like any other colleague.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 2 roles at The Walt Disney Company

My coworkers were extremely helpful and understanding when I needed guidance, and gave tons of encouragement when I needed it.

If I needed help on anything my managers were quick to respond.

Quite busy. I had my own reports to complete each month so it was rare to have a ‘quiet” day.

I was responsible for five types of reports that were due in different time frames. They were my tasks alone, and it was a great chance to learn responsibility in the workplace.

The skills I learnt from my placement are priceless - they are exactly what I need to be able to enter the finance world.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 2 roles at The Walt Disney Company

All my coworkers were friendly and welcoming.

I had set tasks to do and was regularly invited to do extra work with different managers.

They unsuited me to many different training courses.

The prospects are fantastic. If I were to apply for a job with Disney I would likely get it due to their last experience surgery me.

There were over 200 interns, so there was never a feeling of being alone! Many people were learning along side me so it was a comfortable experience.

Very expensive. I was paying 55% of my monthly pay check on rent as it was in London.

London is huge and has a lot of tourist attractions and bars so it was a lot of fun.

They offered many trips and activities outside of working hours such as yoga, film clubs.