3.5/5
  • The Company
    3.2
  • The Culture
    2.6

Business analyst work including trialling and improving business processes and ensuring all employees could work effectively from home during the Covid-19 outbreak. Working in an office environment and having to deal with a wide range of queries and situations has helped me mature and adapt to solve these issues. Competently managing the workload and having to co–ordinate this with the rest of the team on a day to day basis to help meet the daily targets and deadlines for tickets and SLA’s set for the team each day. As well as working in a team environment I individually led SAP sales software training sessions in different office locations for new sales academies, helping me to develop my planning, communication and presentation skills as well as improving my own knowledge of the software throughout. Business support and problem-solving queries, Onboarding and Offboarding employees. Support for business software including SAP, CRM and Horizon.

• 1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
  • I really enjoyed my placement and learnt lots of transferrable skills.

• 2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
  • I felt very valued by my colleagues.

• 3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
  • I was given a good amount of support by my manager and other members of my team throughout my placement.

• 4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
  • Most days i was busy with the daily tasks I was assigned and project work.

• 5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
  • I was given the same amount of responsibility as the rest of the team which helped me learn on the job quickly.

• 6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
  • The majority of skills I earnt on placement are transferrable skills to other office based job roles, such as team work, presentation, It skills and problem solving to name a few.

• 7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
  • Easy to get along with people and got the work done.

• 8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
  • The placement was set up quite well considering it was the first year the team I was art of were taking on an intern.

• 9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
  • I was given a lot of responsibility and trained on different software's and given opportunities to teach others towards the end of my role.

• 10. What were the perks on your work placement?

Working from home

Healthcare/Dental

• 11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
  • I have not looked into this option yet.

• 12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
  • We were put in contact with other placement students before starting so we could organise housing etc and all got along quite well and had a few events outside of work.

• 13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
  • I lived in Reading and commuted to Basingstoke for work so it was fairly expensive to commute every day.

• 14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
  • Nightlife was good in Reading, but not as good in Basingstoke from my experience.

• 15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
  • We had team building exercises and food outside of work as a team. Overall I don't think there was too many opportunities within my area for this this outside of work.

29th October 2020