Summer Analyst at Bank of America

london Central London and City
Engineering Information Technology

Bank of America is a Top Employer

9.0/10

Technology Summer Analyst. Worked in the Global Business and Markets Technology (GBAMT), under the equities technology.

1. To what extent did you enjoy the virtual experience?

I loved the experience. Even though I would have loved to have experienced the physical environment, I did learn a lot during the virtual experience. I saw great improvement in myself from soft skills such as networking skills, presentation skills to technical skills.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 11 roles at Bank of America

Bank of America's values and culture were displayed during the whole internship experience. The importance and understand the value of people were displayed when working in my line of business especially.

3. How much guidance/support did you receive during the virtual experience?

My manager was very supportive during my internship period. The team, as well as other employees I spoke with, were all readily available to provide support if needed.

I was able to now see the application of most the skills and things I learnt in school applied in the business world or in real life. Alongside, I was able to improve these skills and also be introduced to new platforms such as Sybase, fidessa etc which are very important platforms in the finance industry.

5. How well structured was the virtual experience?

Good structure, we had our outline of the daily sessions and activities. However, sometimes there were a few clashes.

6. How was the general atmosphere during your virtual experience?

great atmosphere, everyone i worked with showed interest in what I was doing. Also, I felt that everyone wants to see you grow and improve better in whatever you do.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 11 roles at Bank of America

There was so many session for skill development and training. We also had access to a number of learning platforms which were very beneficial to me.

8. To what extent did the virtual experience help you to understand what it would be like to have a full time role with the company or firm?

During the virtual experience, I was able to not only understand the role of my team which was more specific to the technology side of the business but also the financial side of the company and their roles and responsibilities.

9. How much did the virtual experience help you in understanding the company culture?

Yes, there were a number of sessions where we got the chance to network with executives and employees of the bank. Also, my team had some virtual events where each member of the team could interact with one another.

15. Would you recommend this virtual experience to a friend?