Commercial banking summer intern at NatWest Group

Virtual Experience
Banking - Commercial

NatWest Group is a Top Employer

7.6/10

1. To what extent did you enjoy the virtual experience?

I found the whole experience really educational and rewarding. To organise a virtual experience in such a short space of time that had a great balance of being both informative and interactive is something that I think the whole NatWest group early careers team should be really proud of. I think the fun day Friday feature meant there was always something to look forward to at the end of the week and often gave us interns a great opportunity to socialise.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 10 roles at NatWest Group

I felt immensely valued the response I received from the different things I did I felt was fantastic.

3. How much guidance/support did you receive during the virtual experience?

There was a lot of guidance and support considering it was a virtual internship.

I don't think it will help me with my degree studies but it will help me definitely as I go into a career with NatWest group.

5. How well structured was the virtual experience?

The virtue experience was extremely well structured and the slides were always given to us in advance. Virtue experience could not be more well structured

6. How was the general atmosphere during your virtual experience?

Really friendly, I think the involvement of graduates is really helpful. In future there should be more event organised about networking and getting to know fellow interns if the intention is to offer them the graduate scheme at the end of the virtual experience.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 10 roles at NatWest Group

There's been a huge investment by NatWest group, In times when other companies have cancelled their internships all together for them to push ahead with this and get speakers of such high quality for a full four week period is something that I never thought a bank would do.

8. To what extent did the virtual experience help you to understand what it would be like to have a full time role with the company or firm?

I felt like in the space of time that we had I couldn't have a greater understanding.

9. How much did the virtual experience help you in understanding the company culture?

From the first of meeting to the last culture was always something spoken about openly and I think this is really helpful.

Extremely helpful. I think my mind is made up.

There were no expenses during my internship as it was virtual. However I was reimbursed a train fare for my interview.

Yes there were opportunities, but I really like socialising so I wish there were more so I wish there were more.

There was opportunities but I think it would have been helpful for there to be more.

I think in a virtual experience that something really difficult to put across without it seeming forced. With the limited time that we had each day I'm sure that is not the priority and it is a bigger priority to learn about the culture of the business.

15. Would you recommend this virtual experience to a friend?

Yes without question.