1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I loved my placement. It was a great opportunity at an amazing company that I will never forget. I got so much out of the year and I enjoyed it so much. I would recommend a placement at WarnerMedia to everyone.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt extremely valued by my colleagues.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was given support where necessary from manager. Though at the same time, when I felt comfortable doing a task I was allowed more freedom. Therefore the amount of support I got was perfect.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was rather busy on a daily basis. But it never got to the point that I was drowning in my workload. There is also a good balance, and even when you are very busy, it is with work you are passionate about so you are enjoying it.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
When it comes to my internship at Warner Bros., I was given as much responsibility as I could handle. Of course there are the more routine, daily admin tasks that are included as part of a placement. But at the same time there was always the opportunity with certain tasks to really get involved and become responsible for their success.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I honestly feel that this placement has prepared me with skills that I never would have acquired without doing a placement year. I have learned so much this year and worked with the industry's best that I have picked up so much that I can't wait to use for my final year of university and my further career.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The general atmosphere was a great balance. Though there was a good sense of camaraderie, everyone working there was also very motivated and therefore it pushed you to be the best you could be.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The overall placement was so well organised. WarnerMedia offers a great intership programme and therefore it is well organised in every aspect, in terms of the role, in terms of the internship structure and there are also lots of opportunities for interns.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I received a lot of opportunities for personal development and training. The HR department ran a lot of sessions in order to help realise areas for growth and then work on them. There were also a lot of areas for growth on a day to day basis with my role too.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
The future employment prospects are very appealing. Though you won't be offered a job, they offer all new job openings to ex interns for the first 4 years after your placement.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There was a good social scene mainly with other interns but also with my team too.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
As it is living in London, it is rather expensive but the salary is more than enough to cover all expenses
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
As I was living in London, the nightlife was brilliant and there was alot of opportunity for fun activities.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes, there were a lot of opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work.