Intern at Lloyds Banking Group

Wales Wales
Banking - Commercial Banking - Investment Banking - Retail Banking/Finance

This review was written using a previous version of questions that were updated in 2013

Lloyds Banking Group is a Top Employer

7.1/10

7.4

Shadowing Business and financial managers, along with a look into the retail and corporate finance side of the industry.

The placement was an enjoyable experience, with a lot of genuine and helpful people. I felt instantly accepted and a member of the team. Though I enjoyed my experience, I feel as though I could of done more to help.

I was instantly allowed to partake in the morning meetings and learn about how employees were set targets, learning how the industry rewards its employees. I was included in business meetings and also meetings with potential and current clients.

I always had something to do or someone to shadow and when I had free time it was spent with members of the bank having lunch and discussing how I am doing and if there was anything that I would like to know about their establishment.

I could of been given more to do I feel, although I feel as though I was given a fair share to deal with which I appreciated greatly.

I was not given a great responsibility, it was more of a learning experience then a hands on practical, though I was given some paper work and filing to help with in my first few days.

I developed better customer relations skill and a greater tolerance for unexpected situations arising.

Lovely friendly people with a warm and welcoming atmosphere.

I was given an itinerary of the things I was to do which made things very organised, which I liked.

Work experience was my main investment, along with knowledge of the financial market.

Very although I think at present my career is on a different path as of my University degree field.

I had personal obligation to family so I could not do anything above my work while there.

Low cost and good value.

Did not go out for nightlife as I was studying in my own time. Although I heard there were cocktail parties for interns.

None particularly that I heard of.