N/a at RPC

Virtual Experience
Market Research

9.1/10

9.7

1. To what extent did you enjoy the virtual experience?

The virtual Summer Scheme ran very smoothly. Lasting 4 days, it gave me a good insight into the type of work that I would be involved in at RPC. I met the GL&M team virtually and it was easy to meet and get to know them, even though the scheme was not in person.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at RPC

Extremely! It was clear that the firm puts a huge focus on early career recruitment and that trainees are important to everyone at the firm. Everyone I spoke to was willing and happy to give up some of their time to speak to me.

3. How much guidance/support did you receive during the virtual experience?

My supervisor, my buddy and graduate recruitment were always happy to help with all of my questions.

Having no legal work experience before the virtual Summer Scheme, I had no insight into what my capabilities, strengths and weaknesses were in the legal arena. I now have an idea of the type of work I could be doing and my areas of improvement.

5. How well structured was the virtual experience?

Very slick and professional.

6. How was the general atmosphere during your virtual experience?

Everyone was very friendly, welcoming and personable.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at RPC

I feel like they did heavily invest in me. My supervisor gave me some initial feedback at the end of the scheme which was detailed and constructive.

8. To what extent did the virtual experience help you to understand what it would be like to have a full time role with the company or firm?

It was so much more insightful than any online research could have been.

9. How much did the virtual experience help you in understanding the company culture?

RPC's culture - friendly, approachable, personable, supportive, collaborative!

Prior to the scheme, I had no real interest in medical liability. Now, if successful at RPC I will be looking to pursue this as a seat on my TC.

£400 for the week - very adequate!

Plenty - I reached out to some people on my own accord. They also organised a speed networking event which was really good and allowed me to meet people from a range of practice areas.

Good! The trainees hosted a quiz and we were able to take part in the firm wide yoga session.

Yes - D&I and CSR are big at RPC. We found out about how we could get involved in these.

15. Would you recommend this virtual experience to a friend?