I Support the Global sourcing team preforming research tasks, leasing with suppliers and stakeholders as well as managing my own sourcing projects.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Working for Warner Media in the Global Sourcing team has been hugely enjoyable, my team have been amazing and I looked forward to going to work.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt my team valued my work and opinions and showed this by giving me responsibility and my own projects to run.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Support was always available when I needed it.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
The volume of work varied a lot from week to week but it was always manageable
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I felt I was given a lot of responsibility and I found this very rewarding.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The skill I learnt will be invaluable to me in my future carer.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The office is very friendly, it is a relaxed and quiet working environment and people are very flexible and accommodating.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
My Placement is a well established scheme so it was very professionally organised and run on all levels. Starting my job was easy as there was a well planned out handover process between the previous intern and myself. During the year there are many company organised intern events such as the center point sleep out which many of the interns take part in.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Warner Media provided us with extensive opportunities for training, I took part in professional Excel training, as well as full day training programs in Personal Presentation, Project Management and Strategic Thinking. I also made the the most of the company provided linked in learning platform where I completed online classes in Negotiation and Excel add-ons.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
If I was giving the opportunity to work for Warner Media again I would jump at it. It is a great company that looks after it employees giving them opportunities to progress and to work on exciting and engaging projects.
Working for a big Brand like Warner Media has its changeless but the culture withing my team and the business as I saw it made this a very enjoyable place to work.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, when we started our placement there was company organised socials which we where all encouraged to go to by our managers. Once we had found our feet we would regularly go out as a group of interns on a Thursday or Saturday night. We also organised events such as the intern xmass ball.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The cost of living in London is always going to be high but I cycled into work and didn't go out for lunch often so that kept my costs low
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
The office is in central London so there is everything you could want.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Staff are allowed to see every new movie that Warner Media releases in the staff cinema, we are given and extended lunch brake to watch the movies.