Financial Operations Intern at Travelport

Accountancy Financial Management

7.9/10

6.5

Billing and Contracts Intern

I really enjoyed my placement at Travelport. The CSR programme was great fun and it was a great experience to raise money for charity and contribute to UN goals. My job was interesting and felt really part of the team.

I felt really valued by my team, I was given plenty of responsibility, similarly to my other team mates.

I had a three week training programme with the previous intern and since then, my team/manager has provided me with constant support when required.

Depending on the time of the month, it varies but the majority of the time, i had the perfect balance.

I was given lots of responsibility, the same as my team members. I was required to look after my own entities in two different teams.

All of the skills that I learnt on placement will be really handy in the future and also in applying knowledge to my final year of university. I also learnt how to apply knowledge and skills I had learnt at uni into the workplace.

There was a really happy vibe most of the time throughout the office. Travelport put people first and you can tell that. There was plenty of events going on throughout the year.

The internship was set up really well. Everything was planned well in advance. The assessment centre was the best one that I went to.

Every month, the interns had development sessions, these were either done with external speakers or people within the company.

I would love to work for Travelport again in the future.

yes, we went out quite a lot together as a group, especially in the summer/autumn months. Some of us even went on holiday together!

Renting was quite expensive compared to most places around the UK. Socialising wasn't much different from everywhere else apart from if you go into London where it is expensive.

There isn't great nightlife in Slough where Travelport is based but there is plenty of places (London, Uxbridge, Reading, Oxford) which are close by which have some great nights out.

The Travelport social club provided lots of events for us to get involved with such as murder mystery, quiz nights, etc. There was also a Travelport football night.