1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I really enjoyed my placement at Travelport. The CSR programme was great fun and it was a great experience to raise money for charity and contribute to UN goals. My job was interesting and felt really part of the team.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt really valued by my team, I was given plenty of responsibility, similarly to my other team mates.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I had a three week training programme with the previous intern and since then, my team/manager has provided me with constant support when required.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Depending on the time of the month, it varies but the majority of the time, i had the perfect balance.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given lots of responsibility, the same as my team members. I was required to look after my own entities in two different teams.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
All of the skills that I learnt on placement will be really handy in the future and also in applying knowledge to my final year of university. I also learnt how to apply knowledge and skills I had learnt at uni into the workplace.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
There was a really happy vibe most of the time throughout the office. Travelport put people first and you can tell that. There was plenty of events going on throughout the year.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The internship was set up really well. Everything was planned well in advance. The assessment centre was the best one that I went to.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Every month, the interns had development sessions, these were either done with external speakers or people within the company.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I would love to work for Travelport again in the future.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
yes, we went out quite a lot together as a group, especially in the summer/autumn months. Some of us even went on holiday together!
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Renting was quite expensive compared to most places around the UK. Socialising wasn't much different from everywhere else apart from if you go into London where it is expensive.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
There isn't great nightlife in Slough where Travelport is based but there is plenty of places (London, Uxbridge, Reading, Oxford) which are close by which have some great nights out.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
The Travelport social club provided lots of events for us to get involved with such as murder mystery, quiz nights, etc. There was also a Travelport football night.