1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Really valuable skills learnt, and coming straight from uni there is a lot of social things going on. The intake is huge, full of people who have just finished uni and are in the same position.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Great feedback and recognition by senior team members on my work, even if it was only a small contribution to the team!
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Amazing support by seniors on the team and people manager. Everyone is very helpful even when it is busy.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Quite busy, and long hours on year-end clients. However when not a year-end client the workflow felt manageable as a new joiner.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Responsibility was given on most tasks, to complete and liaise with external clients after a short introduction.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
My placement was in Audit, and I study Accounting at university. After completing 7 of the ACA exams, I now feel really confident for my final year exams. Definitely very relevant to my course.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Depending on the team, some were more chatty than others. During busier times the working environment can feel quite tense but the teams are usually large enough that there is someone willing to chat outside for a break! Overall everyone is very friendly, the work just needs to be taken seriously when there is a deadline.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very well organised. Sometimes managers on the team aren't aware of exams though, so that is one thing you yourself need to remind them so you can get time to revise.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
In audit, the company pays for you to sit your ACA exams which is great.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Good graduate scheme which is well structured and takes you through completing your ACA exams.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Most people are quite young, and there are always team drinks/dinners.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
In London rent is obviously expensive as well as socialising. However you do just get used to it.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Loads of bars and restaurants near by, plenty of places to go for a variety of people.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There are opportunities to get involved in sports and activities like this outside of work through an easy to use app.