1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I really enjoyed the placement, I felt I was given a great amount of autonomy and felt valued despite being an intern as I was always involved.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I was always a part of the department socially and really enjoyed this aspect of the office as it made the days a lot more enjoyable. As an intern I got a lot more opportunities and rewards than expected.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was always given great mentor ship and had a direct manager and a line manager who were always willing to listen and had time to help me whenever needed.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
The work was manageable through open communication of how I was getting on with the tasks and I always had stuff to do
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
For an intern I was very content with the responsibility and opportunities.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I learnt so much outside of what I was taught at university it was great. It gave me a different perspective on what was going on in the actual working world.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The department was quality and the social aspect really helped me progress and allowed me to feel at ease being myself.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Due to a large amount of interns the process was good and they managed us well.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I was given access to a plethora of tools that I could use to develop my personal skills. So for an intern they did a lot.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I will definitely apply for the graduate scheme as I have seen the opportunities it provides and speaking to graduates they enjoy it
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
With 15+ interns it was decent and for those who didn't live in the area previously it really helped
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
It was near London so expensive but the wage reflects that with an increase compared to other internships I looked at.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?