Business Analyst Placement Student at MSD

Hoddesdon Nationwide
Business Analytics Business Management Management Consultancy

8.5/10

Helped with the analytics side of the business, supporting the BI team. This was done through creating financial reports, looking at KPIs across products, and ad-hoc projects looking at the cost-benefit of MSDs activities.

Placement year has been great from both a social and personal development aspect.

Some colleagues you will become really close with, and rarely get treated as just a student.

In my role, I was assigned a mentor who was a senior analyst. We would have regular weekly catch ups and I would often go to him whenever I needed help with an issue.

At the start of placement, work is slow, but this is expected because you are new to the job and learning. Later on, work would become much more frequent but there would still be phases of low work and phases of being very busy, however this is just like in a normal role.

The level of responsibility I was given in projects was much greater than expected, and much higher than any of my friends who were doing placements at other companies. It has set me up perfectly for my career after university.

I would not say work experience is too related to my degree since I study Mathematics and Economics.

Everyone is really friendly, and our team would eat lunch together most days. It is also open plan so easy to talk to one another.

Well set up and easy to contact people if there ever were any issues.

Really well, often would be sent on training days and given training sessions at te start.

The graduate scheme looks good and covers a broad range of roles.

Really good social scene as there are lots of students.

Relatively standard living costs.

Hoddesdon is not so great but Hertford has a few nice bars/pubs.

I got involved in football, badminton and squash with work people outside of work.