Working on maintaining and improving systems that support the finance side of the business.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
It has been a great experience. I have not only enjoyed work. In house societies play a great role in Nomura's social life. Almost all the time there is something going on like events hosted by Nomura, hackathons, charity events, drinking events on the terrace etc. This goes on across all teams.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Everyone has treated me with respect. The team has made sure to give me a hand on settling in and also develop my knowledge and skills.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
The management and in particular my line manager was very helpful and supportive throughout the entire placement. Very professional behavior.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?