Business Restructuring Trainee at BDO

Accountancy Administration/Secretarial

BDO is a Top Employer

9.7/10

9.7

Work on corporate and personal insolvencies. Varies widely, from trading a business to completing bank reconciliations.

I found working in the BR department really interesting, never a dull moment. Relaxed atmosphere in the office and the work was different each day. I had a brilliant manager so that helped a lot.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 6 roles at BDO

The team were great from managers all the way down. They have a type of open door policy for everyone. I think your direct manager is one of the most influential people during your time on placement and mine was absolutely brilliant.

This office is really busy but they took time out to answer any silly questions I had. Genuinely couldn't of asked for better support.

Yes! Although I wanted lots of work so I could learn as much as I could while I was there and I definitely got that. That was what made it exciting to get up and go to work each day.

I was given as much responsibility as I asked for, and as much as is possible for a student. As I said, good manager.

God I improved on so many things. They took the time to teach me things I really should have known before I went there. Every day was a school day there, I learnt a vast amount about finances, office environment even computer skills.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 6 roles at BDO

It was very high paced and everyone has a big work load but the office was relaxed.

I had no set plan to work with, if I wanted to work they would encourage, help and teach me. If I didn't I could stay photo copying! There can't really be a plan as different cases come in everyday so the work load changes.

I was given constant constructive feedback.

Got a job!

There wasn't too many students there. But HR helped me find a housemate etc, and after that social scene is good!

Drink,food & rent really cheap in comparison to the south of Ireland. Had plenty of my wages left over each month.

Belfast city, so great!

Like any other city there is loads to do. BDO also organize plenty of there own events