PR Intern at NBCUniversal

Administration/Secretarial Banking/Finance Public Relations Travel and Tourism

3.8/5

3.8
3.4

Entering the internship my expectations were unrealistic for the role, as I came from a different degree. However the lessons and achievements over the year were invaluable regardless.

The team were welcoming from day 1, and always there if I needed them.

I couldn't have asked for a more supportive manager - every step of the way she was available and checking in on me, in both a professional and personal capacity.

Like all jobs, it comes in waves - depending on the business climate and upcoming premieres, new shows etc, some days were busier than others, but never lacking entirely!

The team were always encouraging and willing to let me try my hand anything I had the desire to.

Everything I have learned will be invaluable throughout my degree and any role I go into post-university.

With so many people to get to know, there's always something going on, with the perfect balance of a professional and casual atmosphere.

NBCUniversal are not new to taking interns, so everything was straightforward throughout.

Opportunities for additional learning and paid for training were abundant - I received Photoshop and Writing training at no cost to me, which was not part of the internship. All development is actively encouraged.

I would always consider a position with NBCUniversal in future.

Always loads going on with the interns! They were like one big family all year.

London is London, but with the salary I found it easy to live a full lifestyle.

A lot of cute little pubs around CSG, however not much out at Osterley, where I was partly based.

Team drinks and intern events were regularly held throughout the year.