Remote Spring Intern at Goldman Sachs Group

Banking/Finance

Goldman Sachs Group is a Top Employer

6.7/10

6.0

Two weeks internship at Goldman Sachs London. The internship was virtual due to COVID-19.

1. To what extent did you enjoy the virtual experience?

I enjoyed my virtual spring internship a lot, but there were some limitations since it was virtual.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 4 roles at Goldman Sachs Group

Employees at GS are very approachable and they were always willing to chat with me. They also always show interest in your background and experiences, which makes you feel that you are not one of the many interns at the firm.

3. How much guidance/support did you receive during the virtual experience?

There was not a lot of guidance and that was because most sessions were not mandatory and the internship was virtual.

The employees that I have worked with always asked about my personal interest and background in order to assign tasks accordingly, which what makes GS very special. The firm is interested in you making the most out of the opportunities they offer. So always try to ask for tasks that you like and are interested in!

5. How well structured was the virtual experience?

Other than the few sessions that were assigned by the firm, everything else depend on you making the most out of it. For example, there were not many opportunities to network or ask questions, so it was the intern's responsibility to reach out to employees and ask them to meet virtually.

6. How was the general atmosphere during your virtual experience?

It was a great learning experience and the employees were very approachable and understanding.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 4 roles at Goldman Sachs Group

The tasks that we were given were based on our skills and interests which shows you that GS is interested in matching you with what you are passionate about.

8. To what extent did the virtual experience help you to understand what it would be like to have a full time role with the company or firm?

I got a better sense of the firm's culture as well as the various roles that different teams play but I did not get a GOOD understanding of what is it like there to work as full time employee since we could not rotate desks.

9. How much did the virtual experience help you in understanding the company culture?

A lot! Chatting with different employees and understanding their roles and their day to day activities was very helpful to get a better insight about GS work culture.

I got exposed mainly to the division that I was assigned in so I did not get the option of exploring other paths/careers/roles

GS pays you per week. The internship was for two weeks.

You could create your own opportunities to network with people. Every-time I reached out to employees, there were very helpful and approachable.

They did not exist, or there was not a lot if emphasis on social events, maybe due to the fact that the program was virtual

15. Would you recommend this virtual experience to a friend?

I would recommend it to anyone who does not know anything about finance or banks because I truly did not know anything before this program