Spring Intern at UBS

Banking - Investment Banking - Investment

UBS is a Top Employer

5.1/10

5.2

There were many speakers from different areas of the firm. Although I didnt feel it was interactive enough due to the virtual nature.

The HR women who organised the Spring event were very friendly and virtually approachable. They helped to make UBS have a positive outlook to its employees.

We had been given a schedule and clear instructions on what to prepare for certain sessions.

The days were mainly 9-5 with a 2hour break for lunch.

We weren't given any responsibility as it was a spring insight week done virtually due to a virus.

Great to hear about the industry experts. My favourite were the Global Banking sessions and hearing about the divisions within this sector.

The office was virtual and so the atmosphere was that I created in my room. I attempted to keep the feng shui calm and positive as this breeds extreme concentration.

The internship was decently organised considering it was meant to be run in the office if it was not for the situation regarding the covid 19 pandemic.

UBS did invest time and energy by dedicating enthusiastic HR personnel to take care of us. They also allowed us to freely ask questions in a virtually open environment to the other analysts at UBS.

• There were no perks with this Internship

The future employment prospects within UBS are hopefully looking positive as I aim to convert my spring internship into the summer for the global markets Sales and Trading position.

The internship was virtual and so the social scene was limited.

There was no cost of living and socialising in the area i interned in.

The nightlife was nonexistent and actually illegal due to the government enforced lockdown.

There were no opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work due to the pandemic.