10.0/10

256 reviews

• The Role
  • Organisation
  • Socialising

I have been working in an exciting team at the forefront of SAP’s branding. I have a key role in supporting the execution of marketing campaigns including event management, social and digital content creation and delivery, support of global sponsorship, and design marketing elements. SAP has a wide range of stakeholders to support and execute, including more than 150 digital campaigns and over 150 events per year as part of our ongoing customer experience. I am gaining an in depth understanding of a core audience as well as the core campaign execution requirements aligned to that audience. I have been exposed to driving marketing success in the B2B software market and had many opportunities to collaborate with Global sales and marketing colleagues around campaign planning, execution and monitoring.

2. My experience has so far been excellent. I have enjoyed every second, I have a supportive team who have guided me through every experience at SAP. I could not recommend the Marketing Role enough.

I have enjoyed my placement so much that I would love to return to SAP one day.

4. The marketing team treat you like any other employee. You are a valued and respected part of the team and at no point did I just feel like an intern, I felt I was given true responsibility.

Not only were the team supportive but the office moral was always high and the culture within the team allowed me to always feel comfortable.

6. Each week we would have catch up meetings not only with my direct managers but with my team, with my buddy and with a mentor.

You could approach any manager or member of the team with any question and they would be happy to help.

I constantly feel supported and would never feel left in the dark.

8. I always had tasks to do. Even during less busy business periods I was able to take on new projects or tasks from people within the team.

I had my weekly/daily tasks as well as projects I owned and supported with my different managers.

In times that were very busy I have been able to reach out for help or guidance from other team members.

9. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
  10. I was given a lot of responsibility. This ranged from having very large projects that I was able to plan, run and execute by myself (with close support and watch from my manager)

As well as having multiple smaller tasks across a variety of different aspects which I have been responsible for the whole time.

This placement is not for those who want to just make coffee, you get real responsibility with amazing opportunists to learn and grow your skill set which gives you an amazing sense of achievement.

12. I have not yet completed the full duration of the placement yet. But already while completing course work I have felt like it is effortless.

The experience allowed me to see first hand how a large B2B company runs so I have case studies to reference while studying. It has allowed me to gain a true understanding of the modules I am studying.

The skills I have gained and developed at SAP will enable to progress my career and will stay with me for life.

14. The office vibe was amazing.

During stressful times it was supportive and we never stopped laughing and having fun while getting on with what needed to be done.

My team have been great and I would love to work in the environment my office has provided over the past 10 months.

15. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
  16. Very.

I was aware of what my role would be from the start and I have never felt like I am struggling or needed more support than I was offered.

There was a fun and social intern community.

18. There was more training and online courses than I could imagine.

The mandatory ones were so useful and there is a huge variety and selection of online courses you could take in your own time and the management team were supportive and happy for you to take time in your week to do these.

20. Flexi Time

Subsidised Canteen

Sports and Social Club

Subsidised/Company Gym

Company Parties/Events

Above 25 days holiday

Working from home

21. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
  22. There are graduate roles within the marketing team and there is also a sales academy for people if they want to come back and have shown they are capable and able to work well in the team to the standard they expect.

Even since being there I have seen old interns come back and move up in the team.

24. There was an intern social community.

My team had a great social community.

The Company had a young talents community.

25. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
  26. I lived in a flat locally and it was cost effective and close with good travel into London.

28. Very close to London which is great fun.

30. Clubs and social aspect was very good. As well as our team always wanting to do fun things.

Marketing