People Intern at Virgin Media

Reading South East
Recruitment

7.4/10

I have really enjoyed my time with Virgin Media. I have learnt so much and been able to translate theory from university into practise in the workplace.

My team have been amazing in welcoming me to the company and I haven't felt like 'the Intern' at all.

My manager and team have been supportive in giving me guidance on the work I have been given, however there has also been a level of independence to go and find my own clarity on certain projects.

I have been very busy on my placement as I have had the opportunity to get involved in different projects across the team.

I have been given lots of responsibility to get involved in big projects and speak to senior stakeholders.

I have learnt so much about the workplace in general but also lots of industry knowledge and soft skills through our core development programme.

The Reading office is a nice place to work with some great functionality.

Everything has been well organised by the team and managers.

There is an extensive core development programme.

The Graduate schemes give you amazing exposure to the company and opportunities to progress.

Most Interns live around the Reading area so it is easy to be social.

Reading is generally an expensive place to live due to location close to London.

Reading has a range of restaurants, bars and clubs.

There were some sports groups but only in certain office locations.