Spring Intern at Credit Suisse

Segovia Europe
Banking/Finance

Credit Suisse is a Top Employer

9.0/10

The Spring Insight programme was an invaluable experience. It helped me to learn about the IBCM and GM divisions and to select the one that would be the best fit for me. Also, I was able to talk to various employees and discuss their experiences with them which was very interesting.

Since the programme was carried out online, I didn't have the chance to meet people in person. However, I really enjoyed meeting everyone virtually as they were available to answer my questions and doubts.

Before each simulation, there was an explanatory session which was very useful in terms of understanding the tasks that needed to be done. Also, on the first day, we received an explanation and overview of the financial system which was helpful in order to put things into perspective later in the week.

Studying Business Administration, the skills I developed will be very helpful. In fact, I learned how to create a one-page pitch during an IPO as well as the basis behind the bodybuilding process. Additionally, I understood the roles and connections between Investment bankers, Market Makers and Hedge Funds in a trading environment.

The Programme was very structured. Every day we had different activities and conferences that helped me to gather a deeper understanding of the financial industry as well as to develop my communication and networking skills.

Everyone was very friendly and helpful. It was amazing to meet other spring interns with my same interests and goals as well as Credit Suisse's employees who were happy to share their experiences and to discuss their jobs with me.

The company created to simulations in which I was able to take part: the IPO and Trading simulations. Through these simulations, I understood in which division I would see myself working.

Since the Spring Week was done virtually, I did not have the chance to visit the workplace; however, thanks to the current employees during the networking session I was able to gather some understanding of what it is like to be a member of Credit Suisse and to work in the different teams full time.

Through talking to employees it is clear that Credit Suisse's culture is unlike the ones of other companies. Their culture is based on understanding and support and it stands strong across the whole organization.

The content was very valuable as there was a clear distinction between the two divisions. Because of this, I was able to see which skills are best fit for each and to decide in which division I would see myself working.

I did not need any reimbursement as I participated online.

Yes, the company organized a networking session with a representative from each of the IBCM teams. It was very helpful to learn the experiences of these experts.

There was only one event dedicated to networking, but all employees were available to answer questions via email.

Yes, some employees talked about team events organized by the company during the weekend. I think that this is an important part of a company and it certainly reflects Credit Suisse's culture.

Absolutely, it was incredibly helpful for me to start narrowing down and shaping my career path.