Spring Intern at Credit Suisse

Banking - Investment

Credit Suisse is a Top Employer

9.1/10

9.7

The Spring Insight Week was a very informative and engaging week. Due to circumstances, it was forced to be virtual. However, the careers team ensured that we were able to learn a lot about the Investment Banking & Capital Markets and Global Markets Divisions. Simulators, networking sessions and panel sessions were all made available to us.

Credit Suisse made me feel very valued during my time on the Spring Insight Program - there were constant updates multiple times a day on the sessions that would be taking place as well as the employees that we connected with being on hand to answer any questions that we had.

I received plenty of support and guidance during the insight. I was able to reach out to all the employees ranging from analysts to Managing Directors. All responded to my questions and were happy to help. Even after the insight I have arranged calls with multiple employees to get a further understanding of their divisions.

The IPO Simulation not only allowed me to learn the process of how this comes to light, but also showed us what it was like to work in a time pressured situation on something that most of us had never done before. The trading simulator had a similar effect, and these skills that we learnt in the simulators such as time management, presentation skills and accuracy are crucial when working in these roles.

The structure was fantastic. The Careers team put a lot of effort transferring our Spring Week to a Virtual Spring Week in a very short amount of time. Even so, we were always busy for most of the day learning about different sectors of the bank and I am so grateful that they provided us with this opportunity.

Fantastic! All the fellow spring interns were lovely - we had our own chats to get to know each other. The employees that we engaged with were always so friendly and happy to help with any issues that we may be having. I feel the culture of Credit Suisse was really on show during this week.

Credit Suisse provided us with an IPO Simulation and a Trading Simulation, both of which were very engaging and taught us a lot about each process. They also put on a networking session with multiple desks from the IBCM Division, provided us with a session on the Mechanics of Banking and also had recruiter panels.

The culture of Credit Suisse was very clear to see from all the employees that we met through the week. The support and willingness to help shown to me by a number of the employees showed me what it is like to be a full-time employee of Credit Suisse. It is definitely a collaborative, supportive culture.

It gave us an insight into two front office divisions - IBCM and GM.
The IPO Simulator (IBCM) and Trading Simulator (GM) showed us certain things about the divisions and helped us to see where our strengths lay. The constant communication with the employees and asking questions helped me to narrow my mind down on which division I felt my skills lay in.

As it was a virtual Spring Insight, we were not paid or reimbursed as none were necessary.
Had the Spring Insight Program been in London, we would have been reimbursed for any travel costs and also offered a hotel to stay in during the week. Credit Suisse were fantastic when initially offering accommodation for the week.

Yes, we had an afternoon of networking with 10 IBCM employees. As well as this, we had welcomes from the recruitment teams from IBCM and GM.
We were able to network through LinkedIn and by email, to which all employees responded fairly quickly. I am grateful as virtually, networking with a large amount of people is very difficult but Credit Suisse made sure we were given that opportunity.

Yes, 100%. This Spring Insight Program is fantastic to experience both IBCM and GM in a way that is engaging and interesting. You are able to see where you feel you could fit in the most, as well as network effectively with people that are willing to help. My fellow spring interns were also fantastic, it was great meeting a group of people that are like-minded to myself but all have different qualities and skills.