Discover EY: Black Heritage In Business at EY

Management Consultancy Tax Law

EY is a Top Employer

9.5/10

An insight day programme that was initially supposed to be 2 days designed to help raise awareness within ethnic minorities of some of the work that EY do that they may be interested in.

The Discover EY: Black heritage in business scheme was amazing. I think it would've been 10/10 if we were in a room rather than it being a virtual event however due to the corona virus situation this has not been possible.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 5 roles at EY

It was reassuring to hear that I had made it on to a highly competitive programme and that my contributions to the event, in the form of question was very much appreciated and addressed. Again it was hard to fully gage as we were not all together.

All the questions that I had were either answered directly or indirectly and more importantly they were answered thoroughly and passionately.

This event will have a direct impact on my future career. At the very least as simply something to put on the CV but for me personally it has been one more step on my already fairly detailed career path.

The day was seamless. Despite the occasional inevitable technology hiccup the day felt incredibly professional and well structured. Particularly considering it was under such unprecedented times.

Incredibly powerful and positive. The panel and student recruitment team that facilitated and organised the event were clearly passionate and cared and it had an evident response on the atmosphere. I can now definitely see myself working in the firm in the very near future.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 5 roles at EY

I would say for the type of day it was, it was incredibly useful. The firm gave us many tips and tricks throughout the event that I think will help me throughout my entire career.

We heard from multiple individuals at different stages in their career that allowed me to create a clear picture of what my life could look like in a Big Four Firm such as EY.

The fact that this programme is targeted for students from African and Caribbean descent says a lot about their culture. However, the fact that we heard from men and women from a range of ethnicities showed that EY is clearly making diversity and inclusion a priority. Not only to hop on the trend but to be trendsetters!

I already had a very clear career path but this program solidified that EY is the place where I wish to progress.

The event was virtual so I didn't have any expenses and it was unpaid experience.

We were not able to traditionally network in person however, we were provided with all the participants' relevant social media that we can use to network with them in the future.

Excellent considering we were virtual.

We were introduced to the networks, EY foundation and also other ways EY support their staff's wider working life as well as support with further qualifications that they may be useful for an individual's career.

100%. Not only this insight but also the company. They do amazing work because they hire phenomenal people!