1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
It was a great internship. Everyone at CRUK were so supportive, I received so much guidance and support from my team. After completing this internship, I have a clear idea of what i would like to pursue in the future and what kind of environment i would like to work in.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Very valued. My opinion was always taken into account during meetings and just around the office.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My manager was very supportive. She always ensured that i was doing okay and never stretched my capacity when delegating tasks to me.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
There were some days where i was very busy and some days where i just wasn't busy at all.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
A lot of responsibility. I adopted a project and got it up and running by communicating with internal and external stakeholders. I was responsible for many tasks but the main was communicating with external stakeholders.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I think it will help me a lot. I developed so many great skills like project management, networking, researching and presenting skills which all will contribute to my future studies.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Very pleasant and peaceful. Everyone was very welcoming to eachother.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Well-organised. my line manager updated me on any changes in my internship before i started.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
We had workshop sessions where we built on our cv and interview skills.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
yes, interns had social events with eachother.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
quite expensive because it was london
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?