1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Really enjoyed it - learnt a lot, felt challenged. The work that goes on at Cancer Research is inspiring, and everyone who works at the organisation has a genuine passion for what they do! Would really recommend doing an internship at Cancer Research. Also lots of other interns so good for socialising!
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Always felt valued - it's one of the unique things about Cancer Research, is that all of the staff are really nice and are always happy to help out/are around for a chat. Line managers and the rest of the team are also extremely supportive and let you get involved in the work going on!
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
lots of support - regular 1:1 weekly meetings where I discussed objectives, work, questions that I had - and then whenever I had a question I always was able to ask and get a quick response! and this was the case for all of the staff around me - they were all willing to support and guide me
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
variable - but I think this is the same with any job! lots of variety within the work and within the the nature of what I was doing - from projects, meetings, collaborative work, working for and with other teams - really enjoyed the variation as it allowed me to develop lots of new skills
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
the right amount - not too much, but allowed to lead on the projects that I was doing. People trusted my word on them, and was able to have regular check ins to ensure that I was on track with the work that I was doing - so it was good overall
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
they are really passionate about your personal development as well as the work that gets done - so will take a lot away from the internship. Cancer research also run a lot of internal courses, so have been able to learn both from these and my work and the people around me
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
we had lots of intern development sessions and networking opportunities
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
lots of internal opportunities
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I'd love to stay on here but there's no jobs that suit me
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
yes and no
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?