Analyzing data and producing visuals for the company to help both with internal and external efficency
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
My internship allows me to explore different ways data can be analyze within the hospitality industry, allowing me to polish my skills, as well as learn new ones in the ever changing and evolving world of data science
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I work in a very friendly and supportive environment, allowing the work place to feel welcoming. I hence enjoy working with my colleagues.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My management and supervisors have always been good at explaining the tasks at hand to me, whether it's a project or an idea that could potentially evolve into a project. This open channel of communication allows me to stay thoroughly involved in my work place, which I enjoy.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Mainly depends on the detail and length (such as deadlines) of projects. On a daily basis, I would say I am fairly busy.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I feel that I have been given a fair amount of responsibility in terms different work place projects, which I consider to be a great opportunity to learn.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The nature of work, as well as the tools I am working with at my internship allow me to apply what I have learning in my degree to practical application, which I find very rewarding. This internship also allows me to see how a work place in London, in my area of work, looks like, allowing to learn in new and enriching work environments, which I am grateful for
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The general office atmosphere is welcoming and supportive, allowing me to learn in a healthy environment
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Fairly organized. We recently moved to a new office so things have shifted and moved around but the set up continues to be a productive yet welcoming one.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Since the new tech company recently got launched, it is in its early stages and I like the way the interns are kept very involved, allowing them to understand and learn in a very organic way
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
There were no perks with
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I would consider working for the company long term at some point after finishing with my studies
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, everyone is friendly with one another and I like the humor they entertain each other with, making this learning environment a fun one as well.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
It was relatively decent. The company provides free lunch at one of the hotels which is nice.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
I have not been in the area I work at night as much to answer this question but it is a very central area with loads to do at night!
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Since the office is in a very central location in London, there are plenty of activities to do outside of work here in the area as well