International Clerk at Linklaters

Commercial Law Corporate Law Legal/Law

9.1/10

Vacation Scheme but for international students (Australian, indian and African)

Really enjoyed my experience due to the interesting work, firm's inclusive culture, training sessions and the social events!

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at Linklaters

I was given challenging but interesting work that required application of mind and attention to detail. I was always made to feel that my input and presence was appreciated.

My supervisors were very helpful throughout the internship. I felt I could approach them with any questions I had and they constantly checked-in to make sure I understood the work that had been assigned and that generally, I was having a good time assimilating in the firm. They also gave detailed feedback which was really helpful.

On an average, I had something to keep me occupied on all days and except for 1-2 days did not have to stay back in office beyond 6-6:30 pm.

I was given a fair amount of responsibility for a vacation scheme student, still studying in college without it getting overwhelming or frightening. Most of my work was reviewed by my supervisor. I worked on the first draft for the firm's trade law blog, did a definitions check for a derivatives agreement, prepared case summaries, checked cross-references in an opinion sent to a client and drafted a covering letter to the relevant government authorities in a pro-bono matter.

My training here has helped me in multiple ways. I have learnt more about different practice areas and the kind of work they do. My drafting skills have also improved and I understand better how client-facing work should be presented. The sessions on personal development have made me more confident and social.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at Linklaters

I found the atmosphere to be fairly inclusive and welcoming. It can seem intimidating at first but people are not stiff or rude. Everyone is warm and although due to the size of the firm, a lot of people are complete strangers to one another, its still a very conducive work environment.

It was all really well planned. There was variety in the sessions and the socials were fantastic. Everything was very punctual and someone was always around. All the travel arrangements were well handled too and the payment was also transferred on time. Networking sessions were also organised and we were given freebies too!

The firm very heavily invested in us including flying us in from different places in the world, arranging for us to stay in London, providing airport transfers and visa assistance too. In terms of personal training and development, they didn't just invest in terms of in-house lawyers engaging with us but also organised a special session with a professional coach to help us feel more confident before we began the vacation scheme.

Quite appealling! I will take up the offer of a Training Contract should I get offered one.

Yes! We really bonded with each other despite coming from different cultural backgrounds (easier to connect with some as compared to others but the social events really helped us interact with each other).

As in the rest of the City of London, the cost of living and socialising is high but the office canteen (Silks!) is amazing and fairly subsidised.

Uhh. Unsure. Fair amount of pubs and restaurants within walking distance.

Yes! They actively encouraged us to join their various clubs and sports groups as well as pro-bono work.