Open Day Attendee at Herbert Smith Freehills

Banking and Finance Law Commercial Law Corporate Law Employment Law

9.5/10

I thought that the Disputes Open Day was very insightful and enjoyable. The information relayed in each session helped me better understand the firm's core practices.

I felt very valued. All staff were accommodating and ready to help.

I received an abundance of support throughout the day and will use what I learned to form a strong basis for my future applications with the firm.

I will be commencing the GDL soon so learning information on International Law and Constitutional Law in the case studies has put me in good stead. I also took notes on the recommended cases for each topic discussed and have been looking at them in greater detail post-open day.

Very well structured. The sessions were well planned out and delivered in a timely manner. Participants were also given regular breaks throughout the day and great lunch too!

Very pleasant and welcoming atmosphere. I had the chance to meet some like-minded students at the event. Staff and students were all very friendly.

The company invested a lot in this open day. There were very useful and informative presentations, a number of partners and associates came down to talk with us, discussions during and after each session was encouraged.

I was given a thorough insight into the role of a full-time trainee. Most sessions referred to the role of a trainee in different scenarios.

A lot. The networking session at lunch really helped - I enjoyed talking with trainees, graduate recruitment, partners and associates.

Invaluable. I learned so much about Disputes and I went away wanting to apply for a training contract knowing that I would get the chance to sit in Disputes as it is a mandatory seat at HSF.

Yes, at lunch and throughout the day at various points.

Very good, a range of people representing the firm were present to answer questions and have insightful discussions about a range of topics.

employees talked mostly about their probono work and extra-professional activities they were involved in.

Yes, absolutely. It's well worth attending and the team really put in a lot of effort to create an insightful and exciting day for all.