1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I loved my internship! I gained great exposure to the organisation and was able to get involved with loads of different fundraising activities both internally and externally. I was able to shadow in various other teams and met some great friends too!
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt incredibly valued, people trusted me with important tasks and I was able to meet various important clients & supporters and even attend events! I felt like part of the team.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Even though my team worked remote and were therefore rarely in the office, they were always available to answer any Q's on skype/email! No question's were silly and everyone was invested in helping me settle in as quickly as possible.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
At the beginning of my internship I felt like I didn't have a lot to do whilst settling in. However, after my first 1-to-1 I brought this up to my manager and the work loads increased to a good and manageable amount. Throughout my internship I was always kept busy with some kind of task and the work never got boring.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I felt that I was given a great deal of responsibility, I was able to talk to supporters directly and managed social media accounts for events, stewardship post events and much more.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
These skills have definitely assisted with applications/cover letters for other roles within the charity sector.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Really fun - the right balance between hardworking & social. Everyone is very friendly and the 'hot-desking' culture makes it easy to meet lots of people from different teams.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very organised and structured - lots of regular catch up and training sessions to help us develop throughout the internship.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
You had the opportunity to take part in online training and if you wanted training or shadowing in something particular I found that my manager was more than happy to arrange this for me.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I just got a full time role - so very!
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes is was very social with the other interns and with my team as well - people enjoyed popping out for lunch or taking part in activities as a team such as bowling!
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
It is expensive as it is London, but no more expensive than any other places in London.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
It was better when we were in Angel, but since moving to Stafford the Nightlife is not as good.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes, lots of volunteering opportunities with different teams etc