Fundraising & Events Intern at Cancer Research UK

Stratford Central London and City
Charity/Non Profit Marketing

Cancer Research UK is a Top Employer

9.7/10

I loved my internship! I gained great exposure to the organisation and was able to get involved with loads of different fundraising activities both internally and externally. I was able to shadow in various other teams and met some great friends too!

I felt incredibly valued, people trusted me with important tasks and I was able to meet various important clients & supporters and even attend events! I felt like part of the team.

Even though my team worked remote and were therefore rarely in the office, they were always available to answer any Q's on skype/email! No question's were silly and everyone was invested in helping me settle in as quickly as possible.

At the beginning of my internship I felt like I didn't have a lot to do whilst settling in. However, after my first 1-to-1 I brought this up to my manager and the work loads increased to a good and manageable amount. Throughout my internship I was always kept busy with some kind of task and the work never got boring.

I felt that I was given a great deal of responsibility, I was able to talk to supporters directly and managed social media accounts for events, stewardship post events and much more.

These skills have definitely assisted with applications/cover letters for other roles within the charity sector.

Really fun - the right balance between hardworking & social. Everyone is very friendly and the 'hot-desking' culture makes it easy to meet lots of people from different teams.

Very organised and structured - lots of regular catch up and training sessions to help us develop throughout the internship.

You had the opportunity to take part in online training and if you wanted training or shadowing in something particular I found that my manager was more than happy to arrange this for me.

I just got a full time role - so very!

Yes is was very social with the other interns and with my team as well - people enjoyed popping out for lunch or taking part in activities as a team such as bowling!

It is expensive as it is London, but no more expensive than any other places in London.

It was better when we were in Angel, but since moving to Stafford the Nightlife is not as good.

Yes, lots of volunteering opportunities with different teams etc