1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I have been handed with many responsibilities that exceeded my expectations in terms of learning and developing, always working in a very friendly environment that made the experience very enjoyable
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Although I was the youngest and less experienced team member, I felt valued by my colleagues who would listen to my questions or ideas
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was being supervised in a manner that allowed me to take things in my own hands but that never denied support by my managers when I would find myself stuck or would need guidance
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was busy managing my project either on site or from my office during most of my days at work
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was in charge of increasing the electricity sub metering and upgrading the company's energy monitoring system. These were important projects that made the electricity consumption easier to monitor and allowed me to develop my project managing skills to a good level
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Most of the technical skills I have developed in power systems, electronic equipment, coding, communications etc are extremely relevant for this year's studies and assist me enormously to understand concepts. These skills are definitely skills for life and will be in handy for me in the years to come
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
People were kind, easy going and there were a lot of jokes flying around making the atmosphere very comfortable to be and work in
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Although there might have been some problems such as lack of clear guidance in the beginning the overall placement was well organized and helped me by far exceed my initial expectations
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I have been asked to return to the plant this summer after I finish my degree but unfortunately the plant later was schedule to close down
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
I had excellent relationships with all fellow placement students, one of them I still see in the university
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The cost of leaving was easy to cover with my monthly salary due to that I had spare money to use for socialising and also to save for my future
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Newport does not have many clubs
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?